The Flirty Thirties!
A feature from June's Professional Beauty Magazine creating fun yet glam looks for various age groups.
Flirty at thirty by Armand Beasley
“The 30s are a really interesting time; with the arrival of children and working hard, the 30s tend to be the decade of multitasking. It's important to go for a look that makes the individual feel sexy yet professional and polished. I created this fun look on the lovely actress Sinead Moynihan, whilst Trevor Sorbie Artistic Director, Vincent Allenby complimented the look with a vintage style updo.
1. Start with a primer to absorb any excess sebum like Nars Oil Free pro primer. Next choose an appropriate foundation for your client’s skin type. A good one for a normal/ combination skin is Illamasqua Skin Base. Use a foundation brush, starting from the nose and blending outwards.
2. Concealer is probably the most important product for women in their 30s. Clinique’s Airbrush concealer around the eye will even out the skin tone whilst YSL's Touch éclat will bring brightness.
3. Urban Decay’s Naked Palettes 1 to 3 are really versatile eye shadows, but the liner creates the wow factor here. I used Urban Decays glitter liquid liner to create the feline flick with Bobbi Brown Long Wearing pencil in Jet, along the waterline. Add shimmer to the inner corner of the eye for a touch of fun and evening glamour."
4. I emphasised Sinead's brows using HD Brow palette in Bombshell and used lightweight Nouveau lashes and black Code Beautiful mascara to create volume.
5. Estée Lauder Automatic Lip Pencil in Fig creates a great nude base with Kiko Extra Volume lip gloss in Rosy Beige for a soft and subtle lip.
6. I used Sisley Pinky Rose blush duo on the apples of the cheeks with Bobbi Brown bronzer to emphasise the cheekbones. NARS multiple in Copacabana is great for subtle contouring on the cheeks.